John Smeaton is part of the United Learning Trust and a member of the Yorkshire cluster along with Barnsley Academy, Sheffield Park Academy and Sheffield Springs Academy. Our mantra is ‘The Best in Everyone’, which is underpinned by our core values of ambition, confidence, creativity, respect, enthusiasm and determination.
We set targets from the start that are highly aspirational to stretch and challenge our students. Alongside that however, we encourage them to embrace challenges and be resilient in the face of the inevitable anxieties and setbacks that come with learning new skills and knowledge. We believe that the intelligence of a child is not fixed but can be developed and grown.
In years 11 and 13, more students than ever are achieving examination results that open doors to the next stage in their lives, whether that is joining our Sixth Form, an Apprenticeship, or going to University.
The Executive Principal at John Smeaton Academy is Mr C Dillon. He is supported by:
- Mrs C Bailey – Head of School
- Mr D Willis – Deputy Principal
- Mrs M Mumby – Deputy Principal
- Miss S Halaka – Assistant Principal
- Mr K Owen - Assistant Principal
- Mr A Bennett - Assistant Principal
- Mr C Phillips - Associate Senior Leader
- Ms R Dubas - Associate Senior Leader
- Mrs V Robinson - Associate Senior Leader
- Miss L Smail - Associate Senior Leader
- Mr A Huddlestone - Associate Senior Leader