Careers Events 2019-20
Team VIY and Wickes delivered 2 employability sessions with 25 year 8 students. This culminated in a third all day project in which the students made picnic benches for their fellow pupils to use.
Applied Creativity Lab with IVE: the launch of a 10 week project. Students learned about creativity in the workplace and will use these skills to present to Leeds City Council in November on creative solutions to air quality in Leeds. #BreatheLeeds
Year 11 Parents evening mini careers fair: Year 11 students and parents were able to attend a mini-careers fair on parents evening to meet employers including NHS, DWP, and Leeds City Council, and local colleges and sixth forms to learn about apprenticeships and other post 16 education opportunities.
SELMA with the Diana Award: 60 year 9 and 60 year 10 students participated in sessions with the Diana Award on tackling online hate and understanding that discrimination in the workplace and in society in general is unacceptable, when it is illegal, and how to challenge it.
Sustainable Christmas: 10 year 10 students visited major retail businesses in Leeds City Centre to learn about sustainability issues related to Christmas. This was the launch of an 8 week project which will culminate in the students delivering a presentation to Leeds City Council on solutions to sustainability issues.
Fazenda Pop-Up Restaurant Launch: Fazenda Restaurant staff visited the school to speak to all of year 8 about careers in catering and hospitality. This was to launch a project in which year 8s will apply for roles and run a pop-up restaurant in the Academy, and visits the restaurant in Leeds.
Barclays Lifeskills: 14 students with special educational needs participated in SEND adapted careers education day with Barclays Lifeskills and a volunteer from Barclays. They learned about workplace behaviours and staying safe online.
Lanterns painted by art students released at Leeds City College Quarry Hill Campus as part of Light Night
- Monday 21 October Racing to School 30 students to learn about numeracy skills in sport at Pontefract Racecourse
- Wednesday 23 October Leeds University Engineering trip – Civil Engineering workshop 20 year 9 students
- Thursday 24 October Into University years 10&11 – Learning about Higher Education Opportunities, eligible students.
- Thursday 7 November Careers Fair all years
- Tuesday 12 November Sustainable Xmas Trip
- Wednesday 13 November Careers in Banking workshop
- Wednesday 27 November Burberry Careers with MFL assembly all of year 9
- Thursday 28 November #BreatheLeeds Trip
- Tuesday 3 December Into University years 9&11
- Thursday 6 February Into University year 10
- Thursday 13 February Year 7 Tomorrow's Engineers workshops
- Wednesday 4 March Year 9 Into University