A high standard of personal appearance is expected of all students.
Anyone arriving at the Academy wearing incorrect uniform can expect to be placed in isolation for the day or until a parent/carer can bring the correct uniform.
The Academy Uniform is:
- Black blazer with Academy logo and name embroidered onto breast pocket
- Plain black trousers (full length) or knee-length black skirt. No denim or fashion wear including: leggings, jeggings and tightly fitting trousers
- White shirt with standard collar to be worn tucked into trousers or skirt, with top button fastened
- Academy black V-Neck jumper with striped collar and embroidered Academy logo and name
- Academy tie to be worn with Academy logo clearly visible underneath the knot
- Plain black shoes, without decoration or logo and NOT trainers, trainer-style shoes or canvas pumps*.
What will not be accepted:
- Extremes in hairstyles, hair colours and hair accessories
- Caps, hats and hoods and hoodies are not be worn inside the Academy
- Non uniform items worn in the classroom e.g. non uniform tops / jumpers
- Boots, shoes without backs, trainers, trainer shoes or canvas pumps
- *Students are not permitted to wear trainers as an alternative to school shoes for ‘medical purposes’ unless a letter from a medical professional has been presented to the Pastoral Team.
Academy Uniform Suppliers
Uniform is available to order from Trutex Uniformity through the Academy or online directly from Uniformity.
Please note that only genuine items of uniform may be worn and these cannot be purchased from any other outlet or shop.
Whittakers School Wear
3/5 Town Street Farsley,
Tel: 0113 256 6020
Monday to Saturday: 9.00am to 5.00pm
Sunday & Bank Holidays: Closed